Best Camping Cot That you can Buy
Are you a huge traveling and camping geek or a beginner who wants to get involved in camping? Regardless of your level and experience, you should understand that acquiring durable and comfortable equipment is very important. It is more about not the budgeting but your needs and the characteristics of a particular product. Your decision heavily depends on the consideration of these factors. For comfortable and enjoyable camping need the best camping cot also.
Do you have any health issues? Is your mobility limited? Do you need significant space to rest calmly or are you quite minimalistic? These and other questions need to be answered if you are to buy a camping cot for your trip.
In this article, firstly, we are going to review the highest ranked camping cots on Amazon. Then, of course, we will give you some directions on what you should look for when buying a camping cot. As the camping cots are not the only type of travel bedding, we will present the benefits of using them to make you more confident in your decision-making. Lastly, we will give answers to some questions frequently asked by the buyers of camping cots.
Without further ado, let’s start with ten overviews of best camping cot models you can buy.
- 1 Top 10 Best Camping Cot Reviews for you
- 1.1 1.Coleman Trailhead II Cot
- 1.2 Pros:
- 1.3 Cons:
- 1.4 2.Coleman Comfortsmart Deluxe Cot
- 1.5 Pros:
- 1.6 Cons:
- 1.7 3.Kamp-Rite Economy Cot
- 1.8 Pros:
- 1.9 Cons:
- 1.10 4.Coleman Converta Cot
- 1.11 Pros:
- 1.12 Cons:
- 1.13 5.Kamp-Rite Kwik Cot
- 1.14 Pros:
- 1.15 Cons:
- 1.16 6.Kamp-Rite Oversize Kwik Cot
- 1.17 Products from Amazon.com
- 1.18 Pros:
- 1.19 Cons:
- 1.20 7.Therm-a-Rest LuxuryLite UltraLite Cot
- 1.21 Products from Amazon.com
- 1.22 8.Coleman Airbed Cot – Queen
- 1.23 9.TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot
- 1.24 10.Outsunny Deluxe Folding Military-style Camping Cot
- 1.25 Have a look some other cots that you may like also
- 1.26 Products from Amazon.com
- 1.27 ♦Moon Lence Portable Camping Cot Bed
- 2 Things to look for when buying the best camping cot
- 3 Final Words
Top 10 Best Camping Cot Reviews for you
The first camping cot on our list is the Coleman Trailhead II Cot. It is one of the many quality Coleman products. It is designed in a simple way to make it a fast- and easy-to-assemble camping cot. This particular model is made of heavy-duty polyester fabric, which is very easy to keep clean, and durable, dual-cross-bar steel frame. Don’t be disoriented by its simple and compact design:
Trailhead II Cot camping cot supports up to 300 lbs. of weight and comfortably fits a person of up to 6 ft. 2 in. of height. It has folded dimensions of 40.2 in. x 7.9 in. x 3.9 in. and unfolded dimensions of 75 in. x 30 in. x 17 in., and weight of 18.3 lbs. Coleman Trailhead II Cot is a very good choice if you are looking for a durable but simplistic camping cot, which can be conveniently stored and transported. The best camping cot, its one of them.
- Made of materials of highest quality.
- The model is designed to be comfortable and supportive.
- Very easy to assemble.
- The cot’s compactness makes the cot easy-to-store and easy-to-transport.
- The cot is made of durable, dual-cross-bar steel and heavy-duty polyester fabric, making it quite a reliable camping cot.
- Cot’s durability allows it to support a quite considerable weight of 300 lbs.
- Comes with 1-year warranty.
- The downside of the cot is its 18.3 lbs. weight, which is heavier than most models of the same size.
- The maximum height of a person to fit in the cot comfortably is 6 ft. 2 in., which makes it inconvenient for taller people.
- The weight might make the cot more difficult to assemble for children and elderly people.
- The package is very minimalistic and includes only the camping cot.
- The fabric of the cot can be too tight to allow the easy installation of the cross-bars.
- The durability heavily depends on the correct setup.
You might like our full review of Coleman Trailhead II Cot.
2.Coleman Comfortsmart Deluxe Cot
The next camping cot on our list is the Coleman Comfortsmart Deluxe Cot, another product of Coleman’s line. This model is a middle- high-end camping cot and features a superior comfort thanks to its thick foam mattress and spring coil suspension. The mattress is covered with nylon and is easy to clean.
This camping cot is constructed of durable, heavy-duty steel frame, which supports weight up to 300 lbs. The camping cot fits taller persons than the previous one as the max supported height of Comfortsmart Deluxe Cot is 6 ft. 6 in. It has unfolded and folded dimensions of 30 in. x 80 in. x 15 in. and 39.6 in. x 30.7 in. x 5.5 in. respectively. Sometimes not easy to find out the best camping cot, It is very compact when folded, allowing it to be easily fit inside the trunks of most cars.
- Thick foam mattress and spring coil suspension make this camping cot extremely comfortable.
- Heavy-duty steel frame in the base of the camping cot makes it highly durable.
- The sturdiness of the cot allows you to comfortably use it on unstable grounds.
- The easy-to-clean material of the mattress.
- The double-fold design makes the cot easy-to-assemble and -disassemble.
- The mattress doesn’t slide off of the cot.
- Supports as much weight as 300 lbs.
- Fits up to 6 ft. 6 in. of height, making it comfortable for most of the individuals.
- Compact and easy-to-transport cot fits inside most car trunks with ease.
- The mattress is removable, so you can put another one of fitting dimensions if the original isn’t the right surface for you to sleep on.
- 1-year warranty.
- Its dimensions won’t let you take the cot with you through check-ins in airports.
- The new mattress might have a smell of plastic and rubber, which goes away after a short time.
Read our complete the Coleman Comfortsmart Deluxe Cot reviews
3.Kamp-Rite Economy Cot
This one is another relatively low-cost model on our list. The simple design of the cot makes it a great choice if you are looking for a cot to add to your disaster preparedness kit. It is very compact, lightweight, and can be easily used as an extra or emergency bed for unexpected guests or if you for some reason lack a bed.
Economy Cot takes only a few minutes to assemble and breakdown. It is very compact when disassembled, which significantly facilitates its transportation and storage. The carry bag with handles, which comes with the cot, makes the latter even more easy and convenient. An assembled Economy Cot is 72-inch long and 24-inch wide, which makes it a great choice for average sized individuals.
- Perfect for extra bed and emergency uses thanks to its lightweight and compactness.
- The cot has a low profile, allowing you to fit it into smaller tents and rooms.
- Its assembly and breakdown is very easy and takes only a few minutes.
- Economy Cot is easy to store and transport thanks to its lightweight, compactness, and the carry bag included in the package.
- The fabric is very tightly stretched and extremely comfortable for sleeping.
- Is a good choice for adding into a disaster preparedness kit.
- The cot is only 72-inch long, so it might be uncomfortable for taller individuals.
- The item can be shipped only to a selected list of countries outside the United States.
- You might not want to sit on the side of the cot as it is quite easy to fall over due to its lightweight.
- It might be not very easy to figure out the way to assemble the cot as it comes without in-depth instruction on the setup. The complex assembly of the cot may make it difficult for children and elderly individuals.
Have a look video review
Find our full and complete the Kamp-Rite Economy Cot review
4.Coleman Converta Cot
Converta Cot is a bit different than the cots presented previously. The upper and lower ends of the cot are reclining, which creates a greater range of positions for you to rest in. You could even say that you get a cot and a chaise-lounge two-in-one, so you can put it on your balcony and enjoy the sunny day and the nice view. In total, Converta Cot features four back and two foot positions for your comfort.
The cot supports individuals of up to 225 lbs. of weight and up to 6 ft. 6 in. of height. The Power-coated, rust-resistant frame, which can be used in various climate conditions, is covered with easy-to-clean heavy-duty polyester fabric, making Converta Cot durable and a good choice for demanding individuals. The tri-fold compact design of the Converta Cot makes its storage and transport very easy. The whole cot weighs only 11.5 lbs.
- Reclining head and foot ends of the cot allow four back and two-foot positions for customized reclining. You get a camping cot which functions not only as a cot but as chaise-lounge as well.
- The cot is comfortable for individuals of heights up to 6 ft. 6 in.
- The easy-to-clean, heavy-duty polyester fabric contributes to the comfort of the customizable reclining of the cot.
- Powder-coated, rust-resistant steel frame makes Converta Cot a great choice for all types of climates, especially humid.
- Easy to store and transport thanks to its tri-fold design.
- The light weight of 11.5 lbs.
- A very solid choice for its price range.
- Max supported a weight of only 225 lbs., making the cot unsuitable for some individuals.
- The reclining capabilities lead to increased wear of the fabric, which can even rip apart.
- There have been some complaints on Amazon about breaking of the frame of tearing of the fabric.
Read our full review of Coleman Converta Cot
5.Kamp-Rite Kwik Cot
Do regular beds cause you to wake up because of pain? If so, the next camping cot on our list, the Kwik Cot of Kamp-Rite, might be a great choice for you! The design of this cot is simple and compact. The powder-coated steel frame of the cot makes the cot extremely reliable and durable. The comfort of Kwik Cot is ensured by the heavy-duty nylon fabric cover, which is easily cleanable. Another notable aspect of the extreme comfort of the cot is its padded head section.
The composition of the nylon fabric allows the cot to support weights of up to 300 lbs. The cot also features a secure mesh storage pocket. Kwik Cot has unfolded and folded dimensions of 79″L x 29″W x 19″H and 39″L x 8″W x 7″H respectively. Weighing 19 lbs., it is a quite light model of camping cots. There is a larger model of this cat, which is called Kamp-Rite Oversize Kwik Cot. But if you are more about compactness, the regular Kwik Cot is a good choice.
- Compactness of the cot, making it easy for the model to be stored and transported.
- Weight of 19 lbs. makes the assembled cot very light.
- Heavy-duty and easy-to-clean nylon fabric cover, which ensures the cot’s durability and high comfort.
- The cot is very sturdy.
- The firm nylon cover allows the cot to support weights of up to 300 lbs.
- The long cot is a good choice for high people.
- The padded head section of the cot contributes to the overall comfort of it.
- Folds to a small size with a bag for storage.
- The frame doesn’t make squeaky sounds, allowing you to sleep calmly.
- On Amazon, the model is shipped only to select countries outside the United States.
- The shipping weight of the cot is quite high, reaching 48 lbs.
Read our full and complete review of Kamp-Rite cot
6.Kamp-Rite Oversize Kwik Cot
This camping cot is a larger model of the previous cot featured here. If for some reason the dimensions of the regular Kwik Cot are not enough for you but you generally like the regular model, the Oversize Kwik Cot is just for you. The cot has unfolded dimensions of 84″L x 33″W x 22″H, folded dimensions of 41″L x 7″W x 8″H, and bed of 84″L x 33″W. As its smaller analog, the Oversize Kwik Cot features powder-coated, heavy-duty steel frame to ensure the reliability and durability of the cot, which is actually tougher than the one of the regular model. Its top cover is made of thick, easy-to-clean nylon fabric.
Like the Kwik Cot, Oversize Kwik Cot has a padded head section for better comfort. The secure mesh storage pocket is also here. The enforced construction increased the maximum supported weight from 300 lbs. to 350 lbs., so if the Kwik Cot would be problematic for you, Oversize Kwik Cot should definitely attract your attention.
- The cot is almost the same as Kamp-Rite Kwik Cot, but even larger! If the size of the regular cot wasn’t enough for you, you should without doubt look into this model.
- Has the same level of comfort as the regular Kwik Cot, making it a good choice not only for camping but backup as well.
- The Oversize Kwik Cot is suitable for a very wide range of individuals thanks to its 84″L x 33″W x 22″H unfolded dimensions and max supported the weight of 350 lbs.
- Features powder-coated and heavy-duty steel frame for increased durability in any environment.
- Despite being significantly larger, the difference between the weight of regular and larger model is only 4 lbs. The Oversize Kwik Cot weighs only 23 lbs.
- The cot has secure mesh storage pockets.
- At the moment, the Oversize Kwik Cot is shipped only within the United States.
7.Therm-a-Rest LuxuryLite UltraLite Cot
Products from Amazon.com
The cot features a high-quality, extremely durable nylon cover. It is waterproof and stretch-free, the latter meaning that it won’t become loose with time. Lightweight nylon feet and anodized aluminum poles are the components that heavily contribute to the cot’s light weight and durability. The assembly of the cot is quick and easy and doesn’t require tools. The weight limit of the cot is astounding 325 lbs. When assembled, the regular model is 24-inch wide and 72-inch long, and the longer model is 26-inch wide and 77-inch long.
- Light weight of only 2 lbs. of the assembled cot thanks to the cot’s aluminum poles and lightweight nylon feet.
- The design of the cot eliminates squeaky noises and pain for better comfort.
- The cot comes with a storage bag, which with the compactness and light weight of the cot makes it very easy to be transported and stored.
- Designed for heavy use. The waterproof, stretch-free nylon cover, anodized aluminum poles, and lightweight nylon feet are the base of the cot’s durability.
- Max supported weight of 325 lbs.
- Length of 77 inches of the longer model.
- Easy and quick assembly.
- This model isn’t shipped internationally on Amazon.
- The length of 72 inches of the shorter model and the width of 24 and 26 inches might be not quite enough for some individuals.
Watch video review here
8.Coleman Airbed Cot – Queen
The Airbed Cot – Queen is a high-end model. It is designed for increased comfort and easiness of use. Its versatility allows you to use the cot both outdoors and indoors. The cot and the airbed are separated in two for double sleeping space and are designed for elevated sleeping support. Of course, double sleeping space increases the requirements of the cot’s durability, so the max supported the weight of the cot is 600 lbs. thanks to its durable steel frame. A part of a touch of luxury are the two side tables with cup holders to keep your drinks and personal items by hand.
The airbed is easily inflated and deflated by the included battery pump, and the airbeds are guaranteed not to leak. The airbed and cot can be easily folded to fit inside the included carry bag for compact storage and convenient transport. The model’s frame has unfolded dimensions of 78L” x 22H” x 59W” inches and is for heights up to 6 ft. 2 in. The dimensions of the airbag are 8 1/2″H x 60″W x 78″L.
- The cot features versatile design for indoor and outdoor uses.
- Double, separate sleeping space and elevated sleeping support thanks to the airbag and the width of the cot.
- Steel frame with high durability supports up to 600 lbs. of weight.
- Side tables with cup holders on both sides of the cot.
- The included battery pump easily inflates and deflates the airbag. The latter is guaranteed not to leak by the manufacturer.
- The cot and airbag are easily disassembled and folded. The compactness of the unfolded cot and the included carry bag make the Airbed Cot – Queen easy to store and transport.
- 1-year warranty.
• The item can be currently shipped only within the United States and to APO/FPO addresses.
• The max height of 6 ft. 2 in. might be not enough for taller individuals.
Read full and final Coleman queen airbed cot review
9.TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot
The next camping cot, the Outfitter XXL Camping Cot, is notable for its dimensions and firmness. Its size is 85″ x 40″ x 19″, the pack’s dimensions are 42″ x 12″ x 7″. Weighting 26 lbs., it is quite light for its proportions. The max supported weight of the cot is up to 600 lbs., foundation of which is the cot’s aluminum frame, steel legs, and 600D polyester canvas top.
The cot comes with a carry bag for convenient storage and transport. This camping cot is compatible with such products as Outfitter XXL Camp Pad, Outfitter XXL Quick Tent, Gun Sleeve, and other products of TETON SPORTS. Another nice upside of the camping cot is its lifetime warranty. Outfitter XXL Camping Cot is a great choice if you are looking for a spacious and tough camping cot. If you have any of the previously listed products of TETON Sports, your experience from the use of this camping cot might be even more complete.
- Considerable unfolded dimensions of 85″ x 40″ x 19″ and max supported weight of 600 lbs. make the Outfitter XXL Camping Cot a very good choice for the overwhelming majority of people. The sturdiness of the cot is possible due to its aluminum frame, steel legs, and heavy-duty poly canvas top.
- The cot is quite light for its dimensions.
- If necessary, you can confidently sit on the cot’s edge and it won’t fall over.
- The package includes a convenient carry bag, so you won’t have to think about its secure storage and easy transport.
- The cot folds easily.
- Compatibility with Outfitter XXL Camp Pad, Outfitter XXL Quick Tent, and other camping kits of TETON Sports.
- Lifetime warranty.
- The model is shipped only within the United States except for Hawaii, Alaska, and US territories, but other sellers on Amazon might ship it there. Besides, this cot isn’t shipped internationally.
- The cot might be not so comfortable without padding.
Read our full and final- TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Cot Review
10.Outsunny Deluxe Folding Military-style Camping Cot
The last camping cot model on our list is the military-style Deluxe Folding Military-style Camping Cot. It is rather simplistic, but don’t get deceived by it. The frame of the cot is very strong, tough, and is built to last, which you would expect from military or military-styled equipment. The topping of the cot is made of Oxford fabric, which gets softer with each use, is resistant to wrinkles, has good resistance to chemical agents and abrasion, and dries easily. It is comfortable and is great for everyone: children, adults, campers, and explorers. It can be even some backup option to have at home for unexpected guests.
The cot is particularly suitable for indoor use thanks to its C-shaped legs, which surely won’t damage the flooring in both your tent and your house. The cot is designed to be more long than wide: its assembled dimensions are 75L” x 23W” x 11H”. The weight capacity of the cot is 331 lbs.
- This military-styled cot is extremely reliable and durable. It is built to be very tough and to last.
- The camping cot is multi-purpose and is suitable for children, adults, campers, explorers.
- Cot’s top is made of Oxford fabric, which does not stretch, becomes increasingly softer, easily dries, is resistant to abrasion and chemical agents. This makes the camping cot’s topping extremely resistant to any climate conditions.
- The cot is a good backup for a bed for such cases as the arrival of unexpected guests.
- The cot is easily folded to compact size. The compactness of the cot contributes to its easy storage and transportation.
- Quite high weight capacity for its dimensions of up to 331 lbs.
- The height might be not enough for taller individuals. The width of 23 inches can be uncomfortable if one requires more sleep space.
Have a look some other cots that you may like also
♦ Patented Camping Cots Deluxe XL Comfort Outdoor Camp Cot
- It is 38 military-style coated steel and Patented durable steel frame.
- Flamrose has a heavy-duty steel and quality construction.
- Support weight capacity up to 400 lbs.
- No Pillow Needed because of its upward design.
- Stylish breathable fabric design with a 1680D double oxford,
- FLAMROSE team unique design for the fabric after many times trial.
- Extra wide and long fits height up to 6ft.6in,
- Oversized for sleeping comfort.
- Sleeping surface dimensions: 75” L x 27” W.
- Folded dimensions: 42.5” L x 8.6” W x 5.5” H
- Package weight: 20.8 lbs
- No installations, open in seconds.
- Easy to fold and take away for outdoor.
- Hiking, camping, travel, hunting, guest, indoor, space-saving options for tent sleeping
- Package includes 1 x Camp Cot with 1 x Storage Bag,1 x Carry Bag.
♦Moon Lence Portable Camping Cot Bed
If you still looking for best camping cot, you can choose this cot. Moon Lence Portable Camping Cot, which is a lightweight portable, Ultralight Compact and a quite affordable tool suitable for any outdoor activity hiking, biking, hunting, motorcycling or driving and for home use also. A single word, you can find it all in one if you compare with its price and durability.
The cot is very comfortable and packs down small. If you asked me about its weight I can be confirmed you It is manageable at about 4lbs. Truly speaking, Its Probably not great for serious hiking trips, but ensure again its good for day hikes and car camping. The feet are curved and flat as a result so they shouldn’t hurt a tent floor.
The “pillow” it comes with is not as much as comfortable with your requirement but may be useful if you put your useless cloths or something in it. Sometimes this pillow is very helpful when you have nothing as a pillow! just joking.
Let’s know about its Features:
- Durable and Heavy duty for hiking, biking, and home use also.
- High strength 7075 aluminum alloy bracket and 420D Thickening polyester fabric can hold up to 350 lbs.
- Portable and Easy assembly: Folding Camping Bed Cot. Incredibly quick and easy to set up and fold down, no tools, easy to place and it might save space.
- Waterproof: Breathable waterproof bed surface.
- Lightweight: Its total weight 4.1 lbs but it can hold up to 160kg.
- Wide Field of Application: Widely used not only as camping, seaside vacation, fishing, family gatherings but also in office rest, hospital escort, disaster relief and march field.An extra bed inside or outside.
- Multi-use Pillow: fill the pillowcase with soft stuff like your cloth, you can get a nice pillow, you can also use it as a storage bag.
Before you buy you have to know some Disadvantage:
- This cot sits very low, some people do not feel comfortable with this kind of issue. if you have problems with mobility you may need a higher cot.
- This cot bit short.
Average Customer Review: 4 out of 5 stars
- Product Dimensions: 74.8 x 27.5 x 6.7 inches ; 4.1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 5 pounds
- Unfolding size:74.8*27.5*6.7 inch(Length, width and height).
- Folding size:14.9*6.3 inch(height and width).
- Pillow case size:11.4*5.5 inch(length and width).
- Package includes: 2 cross bars, 5 support rods, 1 bed cloth, 1 pillow case.
In my opinion, I would definitely recommend it, but the final decision is yours!
Things to look for when buying the best camping cot
Aside from the price, the most important characteristics of a camping cot are the comfort, weight, and portability. Very light and portable, and oversized and extremely durable and tough cots are generally quite expensive. The most comfortable camping cots are usually heavier, which makes them unsuitable for being carried for long distances. Be sure to define your needs, and the rest will come after it.
The frame of a camping cot is the base of its durability and comfort. Typically, the frame of most cots is made of aluminum, but most durable camping cots’ frame is made of heavy-duty steel. The latter can withstand much more load before bending or failing to support the weight. The maximum supported weight of a cot is defined by its frame’s characteristics.
Good positioning of cross bars of the frame will have an impact on the overall comfort. If a cot’s frame is poorly designed, it will hurt your body and won’t let you rest at all. This can be somewhat compensated with padding, but you will have to consider the position of crossbars relative to the frame nevertheless.
Important components of the frame are the legs. There are three general types of legs on camping cots: vertical legs, military-styled X legs, and C-shaped legs connected with a horizontal bar. The necessary shape of the legs heavily depends on the type of ground you are going to put the cot on. If you don’t want the legs to tear the floor of the tent or damage the flooring of your house, you should consider looking among cots with C-shaped legs or legs covered with rubber end caps. Otherwise, any types of legs should suit you.
The fabric which the top of a cot is made of is another crucial aspect of its comfort. Modern cots’ tops are generally made of nylon, which is supportive and easy to clean. High-quality nylon tops do not stretch, keeping the initial shape and comfort of a new-bought cot. Old school cots feature cotton fabric tops, which are heavier and not so easy-to-clean. The mesh fabric is a good suit for warm weathers as it is cooler than the other types of fabric.
To provide firm and supporting sleeping surface, most camping cots rely on the tension of the fabric and/or the spring system. In some models, the latter can be flexibly adjusted, allowing you to set the highest comfort level for yourself. Spring systems can be adjusted by adding, removing, or relocating the supports.
Some models of camping cots feature extra padding, which makes it heavier and bulkier. If you are looking for better comfort, you can use extra camping pads or foam mattress top covers to make your sleeping or resting position more convenient, but don’t forget that the additional toppings and covers should be roughly the same size as the base topping.
The choice of the size of a camping cot greatly depends on your height. Typically, camping cots are 75 inches long and 25-30 inches wide. If you are a taller individual, you have to look among longer cots, otherwise look for compact models, which will have a bonus to their compactness and easiness of storage and transport. There are extra wide cots with up to 40 inches of width if you are looking for a spacious sleeping area. These cots typically support the most weight.
The weight choice of a camping cot should be based on the frequency you are going to move the cot around. If the cot will be mostly stationary, then the weight isn’t a big issue. If mobility is among your requirements, you should look for camping cots with aluminum frames. They weigh between 15 and 20 lbs. and are lighter than steel-framed cots. Extra padding will add more weight to the camping cot. If you are looking for a cot which can be easily carried in a backpack, look for ones with 2-4 lbs. of weight, but they will probably support less weight than their heavier analogs.
The next thing you should look at is the cots portability. The cots are disassembled differently, some cots are dismantled completely, while other ones are just double- or tri-fold cots. This affects its compactness and the easiness with which the cot is stored and transported. Some cots come with carrying bag with shoulder straps to aid their transportation.
The last important thing to look for when buying a camping cot is its assembly. If a cot disassembles completely, it will take a longer time to setup. Double- and tri-fold camping cots are the fastest to assemble, but they need additional storage space. If a cot’s topping is an airbag, you’ll need to consider the time needed to inflate it. Manufacturers generally advise to not deflate the airbag completely. The complexity of a cot is another factor of easiness of assembly, but even these take only a few minutes to assemble.
Benefits of using camping cots
Compared to any other types of traveling bedding, camping cots are superior for numerous reasons. Firstly, cots allow you to sleep higher. Bedding put directly on the ground or soil is more sensitive to the cold of the surface it is on. Sleeping on a camping cot is much more comfortable than sleeping in a sleeping bag, which gets colder and colder because of its contact with the ground. But your choice should be based on your needs and special requirements.
Sleeping on mattresses and camping pads might expose you to various sorts of dangers. You certainly don’t want to wake up to insects crawling into your bed. In the case of camping cots, the probability of you confronting such situations is way lower.
Next, your sleeping position isn’t affected by the terrain if you sleep on a camping cot. The frame of a cot provides you with necessary support, while bedding which is intended to be put on the ground won’t cancel out all the roughness of the ground.
Camping cots are much more durable due to the heavy-duty aluminum or steel frames in their base. Without much contact with dirt and water, the tops of camping cots will serve much longer than any other types of bedding put directly onto the ground.
Most camping cots are extremely compact when disassembled, making its storage and transport much more convenient. Some of the camping cots come with storage bags for even more carrying comfort. If you have issues with your storage space or just want to have a compact travel bedding, you should buy the best camping cot.
You don’t need to replace a camping cot as frequently as other types of travel bedding although the latter is less expensive. Sleeping bags and other types of bedding can be damaged by weather, excessive weight, and punctures. Construction of camping cots is typically simple, making it more durable.
Camping cots usually collapse to less space. Air beds and mattresses require additional air pumps to inflate and deflate the bed, which occupies more space. Compact camping cots are a better choice for minimalist campers and backpackers.
As camping cots generally resemble ordinary beds, you will be able to have better rest compared to other types of bedding. It surely would be very unpleasant to move around your sleeping bag trying to find a comfortable sleeping position. If you are a kind of individual that demands good sleeping, you definitely should choose a camping cot.
The elevation of camping cots above the ground makes it easier for individuals with mobility, joint issues, or disabilities to get out of the bed and feel more comfortable while sleeping. It is much harder to get into bedding on the ground than camping cots. If you have any kind of mobility or other issues, a camping cot will be a perfect choice for you.
Camping cots are good not only for camping. They can serve as backup beds as well, and most of the cots have enough comfort for that. You can use them as temporary beds before buying a normal bed or just keep it for unexpected guests.
Frequently Asked Questions about best camping cot
My newly bought camping cot has a smelly odor. What is it?
The smelly odor comes from either the rubber of the cot feet or the freshly coated fabric of the cot top. This is typical for new cots. You can eliminate the odor by airing it for a couple of hours outside. Alternatively, you can spray an odor on the cot to get rid of the smell of the rubber or the fabric.
Can I sit on the side of the camping cot?
Camping cots are typically not designed to hold weight on the side rails, although it might depend on the weight of the cot. Lighter camping cots will usually fall over if you try to sit on the sides of them, which might injure you or damage the cot. We generally do not advise you to sit on the side rails of a cot because that isn’t its purpose at all. And dont think its not the best camping cot!
Can I put two narrower cots next to each other and put a queen-sized mattress on them?
You can do that, but you won’t get the same level of comfort as if you were using an actual extremely wide camping cot. The side rails of both cots in the middle of such construction will remind about themselves every time you lay on the cot. Besides, if the area of the mattress is more or less compared to the area of two cots put together, you certainly will lose the comfort intended by both cots used separately. We advise you to either get a queen-size cot, if that’s possible or avoid doing such experiments as it can damage both cots and the mattress you put on them and even inflict pain because of the interfering side rails.
How do I clean the topping of a cot?
The fabric the top of a cot is made of is usually easy to clean and does not require washing in a washing machine.
By now you should have enough information to confidently choose a camping cot for your needs, which would be best camping cot. Whether you are a professional or a beginner, remember about the base points presented in the article and, of course, listen to your experience. Remember about the main factors of choosing a particular cot beside its price: its weight, easiness to assemble, portability, frame, and fabric the top is made of. Any possible disabilities that you might have or other special requirements affect your selection. Price comes after that, but your budget is very important for your choice nevertheless.
Look into the camping cots reviewed here, maybe the one you are looking for is among them. But keep in mind that camping and traveling are not only about a camping cot. Your selected cot needs to be compatible with your tent, with the weather conditions of the location you plan to travel to, and numerous other factors not connected to you and the best camping cot.
We again repeat the important point: whether you are only beginning your path of a high-skilled traveler or not, you should always remember the points of this article. Do researchers, define your needs, choose the ideal best camping cot, and go camping. Good luck!